|Documentation Requirements for ITIN Application - Indianapolis Campus
By completing and submitting the required documentation before an ITIN interview is scheduled, Indiana University
can complete several steps in advance. This means you will spend less time in the actual interview, and the interview can be
conducted more efficiently. The Office of International Affairs will contact you to schedule the interview after the documentation has been processed.
- Completed International Tax Questionnaire
- Completed ITIN Application Request
- Copy of I-94 Departure card
- Copy of I-20 (F), DS-2019 (J), or I-797 if applicable
- Copy of contract or an Invitation to speak (on IU Department Letterhead) for applicants receiving Honoraria or other compensation for services
- Copy of Scholarship/Grant award letter from IU for applicants receiving scholarship, fellowship, or grant income
- Letter of Denial for an SSN from Social Security Administration (if an SSN has been applied for and was denied)
*Please note that you must bring your original Passport to the interview even though you provided a copy with the
pre-submitted documentation. Without the original Passport, we cannot process or accept your ITIN application.
Documentation for visitors on the Indianapolis campus should be submitted to:
Office of International Affairs
ATTN: ITIN Application Processing
902 W. New York St., ES 2126
Indianapolis, IN 46202
If the visitor will only be in Indianapolis for a few days, please contact us
for expedited processing instructions.