|Documentation Requirements for ITIN Application - Bloomington Campus
Please complete and submit all the required documentation before an ITIN interview is scheduled so Indiana University
can complete several review steps in advance. This means you will spend less time in the actual interview, and the interview can be
conducted more efficiently. The tax department will contact you to schedule the interview after the documentation has been processed.
Documents should be received at least 24 hours before interview time is scheduled.
- Completed International Tax Questionnaire
- Completed ITIN Application Request
- Copy of I-94 Departure card
- Copy of I-20 (F), DS-2019 (J), or I-797 if applicable
- Copy of contract or an Invitation to speak (on IU Department Letterhead) for applicants receiving Honoraria or other compensation for services
- Copy of Scholarship/Grant award letter from IU for applicants receiving scholarship, fellowship, or grant income
- Letter of Denial for an SSN from Social Security Administration (if an SSN has been applied for and was denied)
*Please note that you must bring your original Passport to the interview even though you provided a copy with the
pre-submitted documentation. Without the original Passport, we cannot process or accept your ITIN application.
Documentation for visitors on the Bloomington campus should be submitted to:
Financial Management Services
ATTN: ITIN Application Processing
400 E 7th St.,
Poplars Building Room 509
Bloomington, IN 47405
If the visitor will only be in Bloomington for a few days, please contact us
for expedited processing instructions.